Stainless steel is an alloy steel with a high content of chromium, or an iron and nickel alloy, resistant to corrosion in the atmosphere and aggressive environments.
The main advantages of products, made of stainless steel:
– corrosion resistance under industrial and domestic conditions (equipment, components for oil and gas, light, machine-building industry, surgical instruments, stainless household utensils and containers are made of them);
– heat resistance – i.e. resistance to corrosion at high temperatures in highly aggressive environments (for example, at chemical plants);
– heat resistance – i.e. good mechanical strength at high temperatures.
The reason for corrosion resistance of stainless steel is mainly due to the fact that a thin film of insoluble oxides is formed on the surface of a chromium-containing part in contact with the aggressive medium, while the state of material surface, absence of internal stresses and crystalline defects are of great importance. The increased atmospheric corrosion resistance of steel is achieved as a rule by a targeted change in its chemical composition. It is believed that the small additives of nickel, chromium and, especially, phosphorus and copper increase most effectively the resistance of construction steels to atmospheric corrosion.
The sterility of stainless steel tools is achieved in different ways, depending on application of a tool. It could be:
– Sterilization in a dry oven at high temperatures
– Autoclaving at high atmospheric pressure
– Boiling in distilled water with added impurities
– Use of ionizing radiation
The Sterile stainless steel products are necessary for complete and comprehensive equipping of research centers, medical facilities and other similar organizations, which cannot function without laboratory analyzes. The quality of the tests that are carried out, the speed and accuracy of the research work, as well as the safety of specialists fully depend on the use of stainless steel tools. The products, presented in the catalog, meet all standards and requirements.